CHRISTUS Spohn Preparing for Hurricane Harvey
August 25, 2017
CHRISTUS Spohn Health System remains in a state of readiness and is taking the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of its patients, Associates, physicians and volunteers.
The following actions are taking place in preparation of Hurricane Harvey:
- Preparing to shelter-in-place with all patients who must remain hospitalized.
- Rescheduling elective cases/surgeries.
- Discharging those patients who are able to safely return home.
- Patient visitors/loved ones are highly discouraged to visit/stay with patients during the storm.
- Working with our CHRISTUS Health facilities and other health care providers to transport appropriate patients.
- Shoreline campus has secured all construction equipment.
- Effective Thursday evening (TIME TBD), August 24th, CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Memorial (and emergency department) are closed.
Effective Friday, August 25th, the following primary care services are closed:
- Robstown, Northside, Westside, Padre Island, Freer, Beeville, Dr. Hector P. Garcia, and our Memorial Quick Care (To reopen on Monday, August 28, 8:00 a.m.).
- CHRISTUS Physician Group physician practices.