Members of the Family Advisory Board partner with The Children's Hospital of San Antonio to transform children's lives and redefine pediatric medicine.
- To work together with the staff of The Children's Hospital of San Antonio to promote Patient and Family-Centered care
- To collaborate with staff to improve the quality of care provided to children and their families in both inpatient and outpatient facilities
- To improve patient and family satisfaction
- To assure an attractive environment designed in keeping with the principles of patient and family-centered care that is responsive to the needs of children and their families
- To offer input to The Children's Hospital of San Antonio leadership in planning and evaluating services, programs, policies and new or remodeled facilities
- To promote a positive relationship between the hospital and the community
- To contribute to the education of present and future health care providers
Recruitment & Selection:
Family Advisory Board (FAB) members are recruited through communications to Children's Hospital staff, patients, families and the community. Applications are accepted year round and candidates are screened and interviewed by the FAB Co-Chairs and Nominating Committee. Once candidates are screened, members are selected based on factors such as; capacity to listen, sharing of thoughts and opinions on health care experiences, offering different points of view and their representation of the San Antonio and South Central Texas community at large.
How to Apply:
There are several steps in the application process to become a member The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio Family Advisory Boards.
- Membership application
- Phone interview
- FAB parent conversation
- Background check
- Flu shot (mandatory)
- Orientation with Volunteer Services
If you have questions, or for more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 210-704-2534
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in the Najim Family Child Life Center on the 1st floor of the Hospital.