The Children's Hospital of San Antonio Visitor Guidelines
Family and Visitor Policy
What we are doing to keep you and your family safe
These precautions apply to The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio, Goldsbury Center for Children and Families, KidSTOP outpatient testing, the Emergency Center at Westover Hills, all multispecialty and pediatric primary care locations.
MASKS ARE REQUIRED (FOR EVERYONE OVER THE AGE OF 2)
Due to the continued risk presented by COVID-19 in our community, patients and their adult caregivers will be required to wear a mask while in the hospital or in an outpatient clinic including KidSTOP which is located inside the hospital. Please bring your own mask.
Starting March 8, 2021, two adult caregivers may accompany each patient. No siblings or additional family members will be allowed in our facilities.
Visitors will undergo a temperature screening and must answer the current COVID-19 risk factor questionnaire based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Have you or anyone in your household been contacted by the CDC, your local health department, and/or placed under self-quarantine for COVID-19 for any reason?
Do you have any of the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Runny nose
- GI symptoms (diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and/or pain)?
In the last 14 days, have you;
- Tested positive for COVID-19?
- Been in contact with someone who has had a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Been in contact with someone whose test results for COVID-19 are pending? OR
- Been in contact with someone who has a respiratory illness?