CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Health System is committed to the evidence-base care and treatment of our patients, we invest in the newest technology, often chosen by our nursing staff. Our nurses are full partners with our physicians and other staff to provide the highest quality care. Nursing at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd continues to grow and expand, and we offer a wide range of clinical areas and settings in which our nurses can practice. Our nurses are a vital presence in every setting, whether in our acute care setting, ambulatory or post-acute care. Nurses play a pivotal role in providing high quality care that our Northeast Texas communities have come to expect.
At CHRISTUS Good Shepherd we follow the shared governance model of nursing practice. We believe this allows for enhanced collaboration, better nurse satisfaction and improved patient outcomes.
What is Shared Governance?
- Shared decision-making based
- Partnership, equity, accountability, and ownership
- All staff on the front line
- Personal stake in organizational successes
- Encourages diverse and creative input
- End user has the answer
What is the goal?
- Decrease fragmentation
- Increase communication
- Coordinate projects, process improvement activities, education, and regulatory requirements
- Improves teamwork
- Professional growth
- Decrease time from problem identification to resolution
- Performance improvement, research, and evidence-based practice changes