As a senior 50 years of age and above, you can become a member of ClassiCare. ClassiCare offers a wide range of activities so you can keep your schedule as active as you like with events such as group travel, exercise classes, monthly luncheons and health-related seminars.
ClassiCare was created in 1987 to provide seniors of Northeast Texas with a wealth of opportunities. The foundation of ClassiCare was built on the premise that adults engaging in social activities tend to remain mentally and physically active, maintaining better overall health and quality of life.
For an annual membership fee of $15 per person/$25 per couple, members received the following benefits:
- Free daily newspaper and meal coupon for primary visitor of inpatient member
- 10% Discount at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Cafe & 10% at Gift Shop
- Monthly luncheons
- Health-related seminars
- Group travel
- Free blood pressure screenings at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Home Care (103 W. Loop 281, Unit 480, Longview)
- Free strength-training/flexibility classes at the Institute for Healthy Living, Water aerobics classes at Institute for Healthy Living/$3 per session
- 10% Discount on hearing aids at Martin Audiology (903) 234-8151