The cardiac rehabilitation teams at CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Marshall assist patients in developing an exercise program unique to each patient’s needs and abilities. During the regularly scheduled progressive exercise training sessions, each patient’s heart rhythm, heart rate and blood pressure are closely monitored and evaluated. The Marshall center provides services in an outpatient setting, with supervised exercise training as well as intensive lifestyle modification and disease management counseling.
We provide patients with additional lifestyle modification counseling, consisting of:
- Heart healthy diet and nutrition
- Grocery shopping and food label education
- Cooking and recipe tips and modifications
- Portion control and eating out
- Advanced directives
- Diabetes and Heart CAD (includes exercise and blood glucose)
Patient benefits of participation in cardiac rehabilitation:
- Improved functional capacity
- Increased knowledge of heart disease
- Improved adherence to positive lifestyle changes
- Improved compliance with medical regime
- Increased self-esteem and confidence
- Reduced subsequent morbidity and mortality related to cardiovascular disease
Participation in cardiac rehabilitation requires a physician referral and usually is covered by Medicare and most major medical insurance companies.