Whether diabetes is a new or previous diagnosis, it is important to stay up-to-date with the education and resources that can help with the management of diabetes and support healthy living.
We offer individual and group training classes that meet the standards of education from the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Your diabetes educator will develop a plan with you that may include some or all of the following topics:
- Addressing psycho-social issues and concerns
- Developing personal strategies to promote health and behavior change
- Diabetes disease process
- Gestational diabetes
- Insulin injection training
- Insulin pump training
- Management of diabetes during pregnancy
- Nutritional management (carbohydrate counting)
- Physical activity
- Preventing, detecting and treating acute and chronic complications
- Self-monitoring of blood glucose and recording results
- Treatment options
- Diabetes medication
For additional help with managing your diabetes, please talk with your doctor for a referral for diabetes self-management education.
Our Diabetes Support Group meets on the second Thursday of every month in the hospital boardroom. The purpose of this group is to provide education and support for those who have diabetes or anyone who may have loved ones with diabetes.
For more information, please contact our Certified Diabetes Educator at 337-475-4075.