CHRISTUS Quality Network
What’s A Clinically Integrated Network (CIN)?
- A clinically integrated network (CIN) is a group of multispecialty physicians who join to create a network. The central purpose of the CIN is to improve care and reduce costs for the overall betterment of health for the community it serves. The CIN network can collectively enter into value-based contracts with commercial payors to earn additional payment bonuses.
- The value-based contracts typically have a set of performance improvement metrics with quality-bonus and shared-savings incentives to reward physicians for higher quality of care.
- The fundamental metrics of a CIN include quality improvement, cost efficiency and patient satisfaction goals.
What is CHRISTUS Quality Network?
- CHRISTUS Quality Network (CQN) is an innovative clinically integrated network located in Texas and Louisiana. CQN requires its healthcare providers to work together to provide better coordination of quality care for patients across its community of service. The CQN focuses on activities to achieve these goals, including designing and monitoring performance associated with a set of quality metrics. Value based contracts are negotiated on behalf of the participating clinicians that have existing fee-for-service contracts with the payors involved.
- CHRISTUS Quality Network is the combination of both the Texas and Louisiana clinically integrated networks that have united to create a CIN to further cooperation between healthcare providers while offering additional commercial value-based contracts for its physician members.
- CHRISTUS Quality Network collaborates with Ochsner Health System in Louisiana. The relationship between both networks primarily focuses on improvement of excellent service to its community.
How will A CIN Help My Doctor Coordinate My Care?
- You benefit because your doctor will be part of a better coordinated team united to improve patient care. Each of your doctors will have a more complete picture of your health through coordination and collaboration with your other health care providers.
Value-Based Contracts Offered through CQN in Texas include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas Accountable Care Organization
Value-Based Contracts Offered through CQN in Louisiana include:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana – Quality Blue Primary Care (QBPC) Outcomes Based
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana – Quality Blue Primary Care (QBPC) Claims Based
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana – Quality Blue Valued Partner (QBPV)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana – Blue Advantage
- UnitedHealthCare Accountable Care Organization
- Humana Medicare Advantage (MA) Primary Care Incentive Program