CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels Launches Robotics Program with da Vinci® Xi Surgical System
July 22, 2021
New Braunfels, TX – CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels now provides robotic technology to residents of the New Braunfels area with the recent acquisition of the da Vinci Xi Surgical System. The da Vinci Xi Surgical System was designed with the goal of further advancing the technology used in minimally invasive surgery. It has been optimized for multi-quadrant surgeries in the areas of gynecology, urology, thoracic, cardiac and general surgery.
By enabling efficient access throughout the abdomen or chest, the da Vinci Xi Surgical System expands upon core da Vinci System features. As with all da Vinci Surgical Systems, the surgeon is 100% in control of the robotic-assisted da Vinci System, which translates his/her hand movements into smaller, more precise movements of tiny instruments inside the patient’s body. The Xi System’s immersive 3D-HD vision system provides surgeons a highly magnified view, virtually extending their eyes and hands into the patient.
“We are truly excited to launch our robotics program with this state-of-the art technology. This system will assist our already skilled surgeons during complex procedures with tremendous benefit to our patients,” said Christa Pool, Interim Chief Nursing Officer, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels. “Many people who have to undergo surgery will be able to do so with less pain and scarring, shorter hospital stays and faster recoveries.”
The da Vinci Xi System's key features include:
- A new overhead instrument arm architecture designed to facilitate anatomical access from virtually any position.
- A new endoscope digital architecture that creates a simpler, more compact design with improved vision definition and clarity.
- An ability to attach the endoscope to any arm, providing flexibility for visualizing the surgical site.
- Smaller, thinner arms with newly designed joints that offer a greater range of motion than ever before.
- Longer instrument shafts designed to give surgeons greater operative reach.
“The acquisition of this da Vinci Xi System demonstrates our continued investment in serving the health care needs for the people of the South Central Texas region,” said Alex Reynolds, President, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels. “We look forward to bringing our community surgical options that align with our mission to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.”