The Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Clinic at The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of children with allergies, asthma and primary immunodeficiency.
We treat children for various allergens including:
- Insects (venom)
We also have the ability to treat eczema, hives and angioedema.
We offer consultative, diagnostic, and therapeutic services for patients with allergic disorders, asthma and primary immunodeficiency including:
- In-house skin testing for various allergens
- Allergy testing and desensitization
- Oral challenge to foods in clinic
- Full pulmonary function testing
- Fractional Exhaled Nitric Oxide (FENO) testing
- Exercise and methacholine challenge testing
- In-house spirometry testing
- Asthma challenge test
- Advanced asthma treatment including Xolair administration
- Our physicians are designated by the Texas Department of State Health Services as Newborn SCID (severe combined immunodeficiency disease) Screening Pediatric Immunology Consultants and can rapidly evaluate patients identified with abnormal screening test results.
- We offer advanced diagnostic evaluation to patients with a suspected PI (primary immunodeficiency), a group of disorders arising from defects in the immune system carried by the genes and characterized by infections that can be recurring, persistent, debilitating and chronic.