Visitation Guidelines and COVID Screening Procedures- Effective June 23, 2020
For the safety of all patients and Associates and in the interest of limiting exposure to respiratory illness associated with the COVID-19 virus, it is necessary to adjust visitor policies at all of our locations. At this time, no visitors are allowed at any CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital in Alamo Heights, Medical Center, Westover Hills, New Braunfels and San Marcos.
- One support person whose presence is essential to maintain safety and who is part of the patient’s care and recovery process and must meet approval of nursing leadership. This applies for inpatients, Emergency Room, Labor and Delivery, and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. One parent may remain as a support person with pediatric patients. The support person may enter the hospital and must proceed directly to the patient’s room and remain in that location until departure.
- One support person for patients undergoing day surgery. Upon entry to the hospital, the support person must remain in designated waiting areas until accompanying the patient at discharge. Or, support person may wait in car or go home. Nursing staff will call when patient is ready to be discharged or with any additional information.
- Visitation by a military member departing on deployment
- On a case-by-case basis at end of life.
Individuals designated to be the support person for a patient must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Wear a mask at all times while in the hospital
- Have no close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days
- Have no signs or symptoms of lower respiratory illness
- Follow social distancing guidelines