Cardiac Service Line Leads Region in Cardiac Care
December 08, 2015
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Recognized With Multiple National Awards for Exceptional Care
CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System continues to lead the region in cardiac care and rehabilitation services with high-quality, low cost care for the community at large. In recent months, the service line was awarded with more than five national recognitions for quality service, affordable care and top of the line rehabilitation facilities.
Recent national recognitions include honors from the American Health Association; American Stroke Association; Blue Cross Blue Shield; American College of Cardiology; Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care; and, the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. These prestigious recognitions are proof of the system’s continued commitment to advancing care, technology and resources in cardiac care for the citizens of Southeast Texas.
“CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System is committed to improving the quality and integrity of care for our cardiac services and rehabilitation patients to help them recover faster and live well,” said CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System CEO Paul Trevino. “Our team continuously seeks out educational opportunities and technological advancement to aid in achieving our high quality care goals by tracking and measuring our success against internationally-respected guidelines.”
- Heart Failure Treatment The CHRISTUS Southeast Texas cardiac service line was honored by the American Heart Association with the Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement for implementing and meeting specific quality achievement measures for the diagnosis and treatment of heart failure patients at a set level for a designated period.
- Stroke Care The system was also recognized by the Joint Commission and American Heart Association / American Stroke Association with a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification. This award honors health systems and cardiac service lines for state-of-the-art infrastructure, superior staff and advanced training opportunities to receive and treat patients with complex stroke cases.
- Cardiovascular Care In addition, the system was also recently designated as a Blue Distinction Center + by Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). This certification recognizes cardiac service lines for expertise and cost efficiency in delivering specialty care, and is the highest designation presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Treatment of Heart Attacks CHRISTUS Southeast Texas also recently earned the American College of Cardiology ACTION Registry–GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award for sustained performance in the treatment of heart attack cases. This award recognizes the system’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart attack patients and signifies that CHRISTUS Southeast Texas has reached an aggressive goal of treating these patients to standard levels of care as outlined by the American College of Cardiology / American Heart Association clinical guidelines and recommendations.
- Chest Pain Center Additionally, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas recently received Chest Pain Center with PCI Accreditation from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. An Accredited Chest Pain Center’s evidence-based, protocol-driven and systematic approach to cardiac patient care allows clinicians to reduce time to treatment during the critical early stages of a heart attack. CHRISTUS earned this accreditation by demonstrating expertise integrating the emergency department with the local emergency medical system; assessing, diagnosing, and treating patients quickly; effectively treating patients with low risk for acute coronary syndrome and no assignable cause for their symptoms; and, continually seeking to improve processes and procedures.
- Cardiovascular Rehabilitation Further, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas remains the only health system in Southeast Texas to offer a certified Cardiovascular Rehabilitation program recognized by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation. AACVPR-certified programs are recognized as leaders in the field of cardiovascular and pulmonary rehabilitation because they offer the most advanced practices available. The Association recently renewed this certification in November 2015.
As evident by the substantial number of recent recognition by leading national organizations, CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System continuously seeks out industry advancements to lead the way to better health, better healthcare and lower costs for all. As the system’s transformation continues to unfold, it will continue to exceed industry standards to treat patients with high quality, lower cost care to help the Southeast Texas community live well.