Transforming Healthcare in the Coastal Bend
With People and Actions Transforming Healthcare (PATH) we are blazing a new path to bring the most advanced and accessible medical care to South Texans. With the pioneering spirit and vision embodied by Dr. Spohn and the Sisters of Charity of The Incarnate Word, we continue the legacy of being the healthcare pioneer in the region, while furthering our Mission of extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
Transforming How and Where We Deliver Care
PATH is our plan to meet the evolving needs of our community for generations to come. We know the way people access healthcare has and continues to change. Healthcare is no longer just delivered within the walls of a hospital. Our strategic vision includes transforming how and where we deliver care. We will expand our primary care network and ambulatory facilities as well as transform services to deliver an exceptional experience for our patients and their families. Along with this transformation is our solid commitment to provide:
- Comprehensive healthcare services to Nueces Aid Program beneficiaries
- Level II Trauma Center
- Psychiatric Services
- Enriched learning environment for Residency programs
We are continuing our legacy which began with Dr. Arthur Spohn and the Sisters of Charity of The Incarnate Word. Together, Dr. Spohn and the Sisters opened the first hospital in Corpus Christi in 1905. Their vision transformed the health and well-being of South Texans. Our mission today remains the same - to be a leader, partner and advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love.
For more information on how you can stay updated, please contact our Community Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In This Section:
Located on the grounds of CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi – Memorial, the new Health Center will provide family series for surrounding residents located conveniently close to home, in a state-of-the-art 43,000 square-foot facility honoring the legacy of a man who cared for all Coastal Bend residents regardless of status or income.
We’re excited to finish out the final stretch of our Master Facility Plan this year -- with many changes coming in 2018 as we put the finishing touches on a historic construction project.
Philanthropy made the original Spohn Hospital possible more than a century ago, and it will help ensure CHRISTUS Spohn’s vital transformation of care today.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Memorial Campus Transformation Highlights
- State of the Art Primary Care Health Center - The Dr. Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center
- Wellness, Prevention and Education
- Extended Hours
- Walk-in Clinic
- Pharmacy Services
- Call Center
- Benefits Resource Counselors
- Care Transition Counselors
- Specialty Clinics for Nueces Aid Beneficiaries:
- Chronic Condition Management, e.g. Diabetes, Heart Failure
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi - Shoreline Campus Transformation Highlights
- 420,000 square feet of new space
- New inpatient tower with approximately'
- 200 new patient beds
- Expanded Emergency Department
- Graduate Medical Education Residency Programs
- Public space, including a new Main Entrance
- New Level II Trauma Center designed for efficiency and convenience
- Interventional Radiology, Endoscopy and other
- Imaging Facilities
- Elizabeth Street enhancements, the creation of a Pedestrian Motor Court
- Removal of 320,000 square feet of aging buildings
PATH is more than updating infrastructure and building new facilities. It is about getting the best patient-centered care into the community by using the most appropriate and efficient resources. To support this, CHRISTUS Health is investing $335 million in the next three to five years to bring state-of-the-art, personalized medicine to South Texans.
CHRISTUS Health $285 million + Philanthropic Support $50 million = Total $335 million
This is the largest single investment in CHRISTUS Health's history. Most importantly, no tax payer dollars are required for the project.
Benefit to the Community
Our commitment to PATH and our community is to provide better health and better healthcare at affordable costs for South Texans; we will:
- Provide easy access to coordinated healthcare
- Advance healthcare services network
- Focus on wellness and prevention
- Recruit the best to Corpus Christi
- Continue our faith-based legacy