Master Facility Plan Update: Shoreline New Patient Care Tower Construction Continues
We are excited to enter the final year of construction on the CHRISTUS Spohn Shoreline Hospital campus. We are now at 70% completion. We have welcomed patients to our new Hector P. Garcia Memorial Family Health Center, added a new tower and three new operating suites. We are creating great places for our health care professional and physicians to practice medicine and care for patients.
Progress continues on the new Shoreline patient tower and it’s on schedule to open in spring 2019.
- We are 90% complete in connecting our new tower to our existing Critical Care Center
- First floor flooring is about 85% complete; Level two flooring is underway
- Chapel interior drywall is currently being installed
- Millwork cabinetry and nurse stations casework has been installed up to the fifth floor
- Production drywall has started on the eighth floor
- Exterior brick is continuing to be installed
- Exterior entrance canopies have been constructed
- First concrete pour on Santa Fe side of new central facility plant has begun
- Elizabeth Street parking lot prep work and concrete pour has begun
Stay updated on our progress by reading the Shoreline and Memorial Construction Bulletin
City Streets Updates
Ocean Drive city street construction is complete. Santa Fe intersection is temporary open to traffic. Construction still continues on Ayers/Alameda/Staples Streets.
Centennial Garage Approach
Please use our Centennial Garage for parking; entrances for the garage at Ayers and Santa Fe Streets. Also available is our free valet parking at our ER entrance off of Morgan Street and our main entrance off of Elizabeth Street. Physicians Tower parking has valet available on Elizabeth Street. See valet/parking map for times and exact locations.