All main hospital entrances to open soon
│ As of June 26, all entrances on the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini campus will open with the exception of a few low-traffic side doors.
Universal masking remains a requirement
│ While on the CHRISTUS Cabrini campus, in keeping with statewide regulations, all visitors are required to wear a mask at all times.
│If a COVID-19 positive patient (anywhere in the hospital including the ED) is receiving aerosol-generating treatments, only tele-visitation will be allowed. If a COVID-19 positive patient is not receiving aerosol-generating treatments, 1 essential support person can be in the room at a time. No visitors will be allowed in the ED for COVID-19 positive patients. Tele-visitation is available for all COVID-19 positive patients. In the event of end-of-life care, up to 2 visitors at a time will be allowed. Each end-of-life case will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Visitors are allowed on campus between the hours of 8 am – 9 pm │ Children under the age of 14 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
Limited Visitation │A few areas of the hospital have limited visitation including:
• The Cancer Center - For infection control reasons, children under 14 are not allowed to visit in the oncology unit.
• The Women’s & Children’s Center - For infection control reasons, children under 14 or sick children are not allowed to visit in the Women’s and Children’s unit. Siblings of new infants may visit in the mother’s room, but must be accompanied by an adult. Laboring patients may choose how many visitors are in the room. It is preferable that only one or two visitors are in the room at one time. Two family members of choice may attend the delivery (unless otherwise specified by the patient’s physician). For Cesarean Section deliveries, one person of the patient’s choice may attend (unless the attending physician specifies otherwise for infection control reasons.)
• The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – The NICU will be closed to visitation during shift change from 6am – 8am and 6pm –8pm to facilitate safe reporting and hand-off communication. Children under 18 are not allowed in the NICU.
• The Intensive Care Unit - Visitors in the ICU/CCU are required to check in with the personnel at the ICU Information Desk. 2 visitors are allowed between the hours of 8:00 am to 6:00 pm and 8:00 pm to 9:00 pm. The ICU enforces our “Lights Out” policy at 10:00 pm to promote the rest and healing of our patients. Children under the age of 14 are not allowed inside the unit without express permission from the nursing staff; visitors age 14 to 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Surgery and Delivery Areas - Due to infection control reasons, no visitors shall be allowed to enter the Surgery, Recovery, or Delivery area.
• Emergency Department – 2 visitors per patient are allowed in the ED with the exception of COVID-19 positive patients.