Primary Care Emergency Medicine Fellowship
CHRISTUS St Michael Health System in Texarkana, Texas has an outstanding opportunity for family medicine physicians who wish to further their training in emergency medicine. CHRISTUS Health Primary Care Emergency Medicine Fellowship consists of a rigorous one year training period, which will prepare the trainee with the knowledge base to become board certified in emergency medicine.
We are a Texas Medical Board approved fellowship program, offering state of the art training in emergency medicine with well over 100 years combined medical experience among the program faculty and leadership. The Emergency Department at CHRISTUS St. Michael is the busiest in the area, with over 60,000 patient visits per year.
Two fellow trainee positions are offered each program year. The curriculum includes 14 shifts per month in the Emergency Department, as well as one didactic educational day per month, conducted by program faculty. Trainees will attend approximately four predetermined workshops during the training year, each pertaining to specific topics in emergency medicine.
Requirements for Application
- Contact Program Coordinator for application packet
- Completion of an accredited Family Medicine Residency Program within the last five years
- Board certification in family medicine or eligibility
- ACLS, ATLS, PALS and NALS certified before fellowship start date
- TX Medical License or eligibility
- $70,000 stipend
- Professional liability coverage
- Medical, dental, life and disability insurance coverage
- Retirement plan
- Application deadline: October 1
- Interviews conducted: October – December
- Fellowship training period: July 1 – June 30