[ Select a datasource to display content ]
CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System facilities will not be in network for patients covered by the Arkansas Works (Medicaid Expansion) product offered through Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield (ABCBS) Metallic True Blue PPO beginning Jan. 1, 2018, except for true emergency care.
To provide clarity, the only ABCBS members impacted are those with:
Metallic True Blue PPO
- With a Member ID number that begins with “XCQ”
- Combined with a Group Number that begins with “MS”
This does not apply to:
- Federal Blue Cross BlueShield Insurance
- Anthem Blue Cross Insurance
- Most patients with Arkansas BlueCross BlueShield Insurance through their employers (look for a logo with the letters “PPO” inside of a suitcase on their cards)
- Patients with traditional Medicaid – please note, patients may present with a traditional Medicaid card, but it is important to run their eligibility to identify their coverage appropriately.
CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System will be in network for Medicaid Expansion patients who enroll through Ambetter of Arkansas, another insurance carrier through Arkansas Works. This coverage will also be effective January 1, 2018. Of course, the decision and choice of an insurance company is entirely up to the customer.
If you need more information or assistance in enrolling in an Arkansas Works product for health insurance coverage, or if you have already selected a plan for 2018 and want to change the plan before the enrollment deadline of December 15, 2017, you can call 903-614-2776 to speak with a certified application counselor or obtain an appointment for enrollment assistance.