At CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, our goal is to provide you with a safe environment during your stay. If you have questions or concerns regarding your or your loved one's safety, please contact your care giver directly or the patient representative by dialing the hospital operator.
We ask that you help us promote safety measures by:
- Asking your care givers and doctors any questions you have regarding medications, tests, and/or treatments.
- Reporting changes in your medical condition to your caregiver as soon as possible (for the purpose of preventing falls or other incidents).
- Asking your visitors to observe any isolation signs.
- Asking your care givers for assistance with bed side rails and other requests.
- Helping us prevent the spread of infections through frequent hand hygiene.
- Not leaving your nursing unit without notifying your care giver. Aside from your medical procedures, your doctor will need to give you permission to leave the immediate vicinity of your room.
- Participate in decisions about your treatment. You may also have a family member serve as your advocate.
- Be mindful of your personal items. Money and valuables can be secured by contacting our Security Department.