In accordance with CDC and Health Department guidelines, CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, CHRISTUS St. Michael Hospital-Atlanta and CHRISTUS St. Michael Rehabilitation Hospital have restricted visitors to those deemed essential, vital or necessary for the care and well-being of our patients.
CHRISTUS Health wants to assure the people of these communities who trust in us for their health care that we are prepared and stand ready to care for our community. Because our goal is to ensure our hospital continues to be a safe place to receive care, we are following CDC guidelines and implementing new visitation restrictions. The goal of these updated visitor procedures is to limit the risk of exposure to our patients, visitors, Associates, physicians and volunteers.
Visitors will be guided to a designated entrance and restricted to one person per patient, with the following guideline:
- Emergency Department: 1 Visitor
- Isolation Patients: 0 Visitors
- Surgery Patients: 1 Visitor
- Same Day Procedure: 1 Visitor
- Critical Care: 1 Visitor
- Medical-Surgical Units: 1 Visitor
- Labor and Delivery: 1 Support + 1 Visitor
- Pediatrics: 1 Support + 1 Visitor
- NICU: Parents Only
To safely regulate access to patient care areas within our hospital as well as off-site patient care areas, visitor screening stations will be placed throughout the campus. All visitors will be screened to make certain they do not fit a COVID-19 profile, based on CDC guidelines. Depending on the screening outcome, appropriate protocols will be implemented.
The public will be allowed to enter these hospitals only through designated entrances. The Emergency Department entrance is to be used only by emergency/urgent patients or those who are seriously ill or injured and seeking care.
CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System Visitation
- The North and Main Entrances will be open 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. daily. All persons entering at these points will be directed to a location in the front lobby for screening.
- From 9 p.m. until 5 a.m., visitors will be able to use the Emergency Department entrance. Screening will be conducted.
- Medical Plaza West (POB) West will be open from 5 a.m. - 9 p.m., and hospital visitors will be screened after entering.
- Entrances will be used only by persons requiring emergency/urgent services between the hours of 5 a.m. - 9 p.m. Each patient will be limited to one visitor/caregiver entering hospital with him/her.
- From 9 p.m. until 5 a.m., visitors will be able to use the Emergency Department Entrance and will be screened.
CHRISTUS St. Michael Rehabilitation Hospital
- The Main Entrance will be open from 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. All persons entering at these points will be directed to a location in the front lobby for screening.
- From 9 p.m. until 6 a.m., visitors can gain access, if appropriate, through using the phone between the outer front doors and the inner front doors.
CHRISTUS St. Michael Hospital-Atlanta
- The Main Entrance will be open from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- All persons entering at these points will be directed to a location in the front lobby for screening.
We want to be perfectly clear: CHRISTUS St. Michael facilities remain safe places for all to receive quality care. While COVID-19 is new, our processes and procedures in place for infection prevention and preventing the spread of illness are not.
The health and safety of our patients, visitors, Associates and our communities remain of utmost importance. Beginning Monday, April 6, patients and visitors will be required to bring their own mask to wear while in our hospitals or outpatient clinics. You can learn more about how to make your own cloth masks by visiting the CDC website. Our health professionals providing care for presumed COVID-19 or known COVID-19 patients are expected to wear N95 respirator masks. Hospitalized patients do not have to wear a mask while in their rooms.
Thank you for working with us as we work to keep our community safe by extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.