Sleep conditions such as sleep apnea can cause you to lose valuable sleep at night. A lack of sleep can, in turn, have a negative impact on your health. Sleep specialists at CHRISTUS St. Michael recognize the need for early diagnosis and treatment of sleep-related illness.
In our state-of-the-art sleep labs, medical and technical staff specially trained in sleep disorders can diagnose, relieve and cure the symptoms and underlying causes of sleep problems by conducting sleep studies. Home Sleep Testing is now available to qualifying patients.
- Do you suffer from Sleep Apnea?
- Do you snore loudly?
- Is your snoring interrupted by silence followed by a gasp or snort?
- Do you ever fall asleep or almost fall asleep while driving, working, or just during the day?
- Do your regularly have trouble concentrating or remembering?
- Do you have a morning headache?
- Do you have mood or behavior changes?
If you answered "yes" to two or more questions, ask your doctor to schedule a sleep study with us, or call the sleep center at 903-614-4177 for more information.
Sleep Apnea is a condition that causes the throat's air passage to close repeatedly during sleep, stopping breathing and disrupting the normal stages of sleep. Sleep apnea can result in a serious illness or even death, caused by lack of oxygen.