Sleep conditions such as sleep apnea can cause you to lose valuable sleep at night. A lack of sleep can, in turn, have a negative impact on your health. Sleep specialists at CHRISTUS St. Michael recognize the need for early diagnosis and treatment of sleep-related illness.
In our state-of-the-art sleep labs, medical and technical staff specially trained in sleep disorders can diagnose, relieve and cure the symptoms and underlying causes of sleep problems by conducting sleep studies.
- Do you suffer from Sleep Apnea?
- Do you snore loudly?
- Is your snoring interrupted by silence followed by a gasp or snort?
- Do you ever fall asleep or almost fall asleep while driving, working, or just during the day?
- Do your regularly have trouble concentrating or remembering?
- Do you have a morning headache?
- Do you have mood or behavior changes?
If you answered "yes" to two or more questions, ask your doctor to schedule a sleep study with us, or call the sleep center at 903-614-4177 for more information.
Sleep Apnea is a condition that causes the throat's air passage to close repeatedly during sleep, stopping breathing and disrupting the normal stages of sleep. Sleep apnea can result in a serious illness or even death, caused by lack of oxygen.