Current Visitor Restrictions
September 16, 2020
To protect the health of our patients and our community, hospital visitation is restricted to caregivers (a designated friend or family member who will support the patient), beginning approaching death situations, and guardians of a minor ONLY.
- One caregiver will be allowed per patient, per day. (admitted patients, outpatients with assistance needed, surgery, digestive health, and emergency room patients)
- One support person for the stay will be allowed for delivering mothers.
- Two persons at a time that can switch out with two others per 24-hour period will be allowed for approaching death situations.
- The guardians of any minor admitted to the hospital will be allowed.
- Caregivers/Visitors must present ID for entrance.
Out of state residency or travel restrictions:
Individuals (NM residents or non-NM residents) who have entered New Mexico within the past 14 days from outside of the country or from the New Mexico Department of Health’s current list of restricted states are not permitted to visit or serve as a caregiver/support person with the exception of a 15-minute visit for end of life situations. Out-of-state residents from restricted states will be assessed for length of stay in NM to see if the quarantine period has been completed.
See New Mexico’s Current List of Restricted States
Test Exemption for out-of-state residency or travel:
Individuals who can show written documentation of a valid negative COVID-19 test (PCR or Antigen test) taken within the 72 hours before or after entry into New Mexico are exempt from support person/visitor restrictions regardless of the state from which they have traveled.This exemption does not apply to individuals entering New Mexico after traveling outside of the United States. Individuals who have undergone a COVID-19 must self-quarantine while awaiting the results of their test.
All visitors and caregivers will be screened for fever and other symptoms of, and exposure to, COVID-19.
Caregiver hours: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
ICU hours: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
If you have any questions concerning visitation restrictions, please call (505) 913-3900.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.