PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
The PGY1 Pharmacy Residency at the CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center is designed to provide the resident with training and experience in various areas of clinical practice, research, and teaching.
Click here to view the Graduate Pharmacy Residency Brochure
Residents are required to complete rotations in: Orientation, Internal Medicine, Critical Care, Infectious Diseases, Pharmacy Informatics, Research, Pharmacy Management, and Emergency Medicine.
Elective rotations are available in Oncology, Cardiology, Trauma Surgery, Family Medicine, Nutrition, and Advanced Medication Safety.
Longitudinal Rotations include:
- Ambulatory Care Continuity Clinic
Additional Residency Experiences Include:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification
- Completion of a quality improvement project designed to enhance clinical pharmacy services
- Completion of the Teaching Certificate Program and didactic lectures to Doctor of Pharmacy candidates at the UNM College of Pharmacy
- Developing general pharmacy skills through work in various pharmacy settings within the CHRISTUS St. Vincent Regional Medical Center one weekend a month and one evening a week
- Optional participation in the Physical Assessment Certificate program
Upon successful completion of the program, the resident should be prepared to provide advanced levels of pharmaceutical care in a variety of health care settings and/or enter into advanced training programs, such as a Post-Graduate Year 2 residency or fellowship.
- Apply online through the PhORCAS system at http://www.ashp.org/phorcas
- Applicants must provide:
- A letter of intent stating interests and goals.
- Curriculum vitae.
- College/School of Pharmacy transcripts
- Three letters of recommendations from health care professionals who can attest to your practice abilities.
- An on-site interview is required
Application Deadline: The First Friday of January
- Salary: approximately $ 50,000
- Vacation: up to 10 working days
- Holidays: nine days
- Health insurance
- Travel and registration for the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and the Western States Residency Conference
Pharmacy Residency Class of 2019-2020
Hometown: Manassa, Colorado
College of Pharmacy: Regis University, Denver Colorado