Benefits to Patients & Community
Diabetes Center services include a diabetes focused history and physical with a detailed recommendation for treatment. Our specialists work together to provide ease of access to the Diabetes Center.
Complex issues are discussed in an interdisciplinary care conference. In addition, our treatment program uses evidence-based guidelines. The Certified Diabetes Educator will enroll patients in a specialized plan of care through personalized counseling and educational classes.
The Diabetes Center offers these resources for diabetes patients:
- Continuity of Diabetes Education, Inpatient to Outpatient
- Adult and Pediatric Diabetes Education
- Individual Diabetes Education / Nutrition Counseling
- Diabetes in Pregnancy
- Group Diabetes Education Classes
- Insulin Pump Starts
- Byetta / Symlin / Insulin Starts
- Diabetes Prevention Program