At CHRISTUS St. Vincent, we honor a "holistic" view of patient care which attends to the body, mind, and spirit. Our Spiritual Care Team sees attending to the spiritual and emotional needs of patients as an essential part of the healing process. We respect each patient's viewpoint and are sensitive to the unique needs of everyone we encounter. We serve all patients and families regardless of background or affiliation.
Our ministry includes, but is not limited to:
- Spiritual and emotional support
- Grief and loss counseling
- End of life issues
- Information about Health Care Directives
- Help in dealing with worries, fears, questions, or pain
- Help with ethical concerns, values, and decisions
- Support during times of crisis or emergency situations
- Family team conferences
- Meaningful prayer, scriptural, sacramental and ritual experiences as resources for healing
- Providing Sacraments or religious services as appropriate
- Pastoral counseling
- Worship services
- Connection to faith communities
- Facilitation of complementary healing modalities (CAM) such as guided meditation, healing touch, music therapy and breath work
Our chapel is open at all times for patients and families for private prayer and meditation. The chapel is located on the 3rd floor of the main hospital, directly across from the elevators.
Catholic Mass is held Monday through Friday at 11:30 am in the Chapel, and at 3:45 pm on Saturdays in the Cafeteria.
For assistance, please contact the Spiritual Care office: 505-913-5552 or call the operator “0” and ask for a Chaplain