CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System is the region’s preferred healthcare provider, with a proud tradition of over 80 years of dedicated service to the people of Northeast Texas. As a national leader in patient satisfaction, advanced technology and quality initiatives, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is a faith-based, not-for-profit organization dedicated to extending the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
We are a Level II Trauma Center, and the only Level III NICU and Level III Maternal Designation in Smith County. It is a distinguished honor to be the first hospital in the country to receive the American College of Cardiology HeartCARE Center of Excellence award, as well as numerous other distinctions, such as the Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueDistinction Center + for Hip and Knee Replacement, and the area’s first Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We are committed to delivering compassionate, quality care to our communities in which we serve.
Learn more about our ministry.
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital - Tyler is the first in the nation to receive the Center of Excellence Distinction from the American College of Cardiology.
American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center Primary PCI with Resuscitation Accreditation
American College of Cardiology Heart Failure Accreditation
American College of Cardiology Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI
American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Certified Program
American College of Cardiology: HeartCARE Center of Excellence 2018-2021
American College of Cardiology Certified Transcatheter Valve Accreditation
U.S. News & World Report: Best Hospitals
American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry Platinum Performance Achievement Award 2021
American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award 2020
Newsweek Best Maternity Hospitals
Bishop Herzig Humanitarian Award
Texas Department of State Health Services - Level III Maternal Care Facility
NRC Health Top 100 Consumer Loyalty
5-Star Rating by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Target: Stroke Honor Roll Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is receives American College of Cardiology Certified Transcatheter Valve Accreditation.
• American College of Cardiology: First in U.S. HeartCARE Center of Excellence designation
• American Heart Association: First in Texas Cardiovascular Center of Excellence accreditation
• American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
• American Medical Group Association (AMGA) Acclaim Award: #1 in Nation 2018 Acclaim Award
• Becker’s Hospital Review: Recognized as “100 Great Community Hospitals” in the U.S. five years
• Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction Center+ : Cardiac Care, Bariatric Care, Spine Care
• CareChex: #1 in Texas for Clinical Excellence in Overall Hospital Care 2018; Recognized seven consecutive years
• CNOR® Strong for excellence in perioperative nursing – 2015
• Healthgrades: Recognized for 15 years in more than 40 categories for clinical excellence and safety
• Healthcare Financial Management Association: 2017 MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle
• The Joint Commission: 1st in Texas to achieve Gold Seal for “Advanced” Certification in Total Hip | Knee Replacement; 2018 Advanced Certification for Comprehensive Stroke Centers Designee
• Leapfrog Group: “A” Hospital Safety Ratings seven years; Twice named Top Hospital
• Magnet Designation: American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet® facilities – Gold Standard in Nursing and Patient Care
• National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation since 2014
• Studer Group: Excellence in Patient Care 2017
• Truven Health Analytics: 100 Top Hospitals 2017; recognized seven times
• U.S. News & World Report: 2013 – 2018 Best Regional Hospitals Northeast Texas; Recognized in more than six specialities
• American College of Cardiology’s NCDR Chest Pain - MI Registry Gold Performance Achievement Award
• American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center Primary PCI with Resuscitation Accreditation
• American College of Cardiology Cardiac Cath Lab Accreditation with PCI
• American College of Cardiology Heart Failure Accreditation
• American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Certified Program
• American Association of Critical-Care Nurses Beacon Award for Excellence
The Bradley Thompson Tower allows patients to receive emergency, critical and cancer care in a new, multi-million dollar facility. Through the Louise Herrington Cancer Center we are able to serve Smith County and the surrounding communities with a world-class cancer center. Our partnership with Texas Oncology allows us to provide seamless and compassionate care to each of our patients. Learn more about the care Cynthia received with us.