Red Door Project
Beyond these doors, you will find a team prepared to meet the needs of our youngest patients.
We have reached a critical point in the hospital’s history. The CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital emergency and trauma facilities were built for a different time and are no longer large enough. In addition, the current Emergency Care Center does not have space that is dedicated specifically to pediatric patients, and the number of young patients who come to us for care is growing every single day. (75,000 patients each year; 13,000 of those patients are children).
We have outgrown the Emergency Care space we currently have at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital - Tyler, and it is time to increase our emphasis on Pediatric Emergency Care.
These are our challenges. This is our promise…
The new pediatric ER examination rooms at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital will be a distinct unit within the general Emergency Care Center. This dedicated space will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and will be designed with attention to the small things that can make a big difference to children and their families.
These private pediatric exam rooms are specially equipped for the specific emergency needs of infants, children and young adults and are monitored from a central nursing station.
- Decorative theme that appeals to younger patients with a different soothing mural in each room
- Portable multi-sensory stations and entertainment equipment
- Equipment, gowns, IVs, airway management tools and other medical necessities designed just for children
- Relaxing LED lighting with dimmer switches above the bed
- Televisions with children’s channels available
- Staff with special training in age-appropriate care that factors in the child's physical, social and emotional development
- A Child Life Specialist, family advocates, social workers and interpreter services offer comprehensive, patient and family-centered care
- Make your promise today with a gift that will open the door to give hope and health to even more children in Northeast Texas. The time to grow and expand is now.
The CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Foundation Women’s Board has adopted the Pediatric ER Examination Rooms as their 2018 project, and proceeds from their annual event, A Toast to East Texas, will go exclusively to this pediatric ER initiative.
For more information about making a charitable gift or sponsoring contact:
Foundation Women’s Board Chair
Women’s Board Funding Chair
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Foundation