Quality and Recognition
The staff of the Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital focuses on providing an excellent experience for everyone who comes through our doors. This commitment is reflected not only in the testimonials of our patients but also is validated by independent organizations that monitor hospital performance.
The following is a list of some of the many awards and recognitions acknowledging our dedication to excellence in patient safety, clinical care and patient experience.
At the Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital our quality and safety efforts are evidence of the depth of work that is underway and ongoing, with the well being of our patients as the ultimate goal.
Blue Cross Blue Shield BlueDistinction Center+
The Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital is the only cardiac care facility in East Texas designated as a BlueDistinction Center+ for Cardiac Care by Blue Cross Blue Shield. BlueDistinction Center+ have demonstrated a commitment to quality care and offer comprehensive cardiac care.
Society of Thoracic Surgeons 3-Star Rating
The Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital is proud to hold a 3-Star Rating with the Society of Thoracic Surgeons. Watch our 3-Star Rating video now.
Additional outstanding recognition
- Becker's Hospital Review’s "100 Great Community Hospitals" - 2015
- Accredited in Nuclear Technology by the Intersocial Accreditation Commission (IAC) - 2012
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals for 2012
- Everest Award - Thompson Reuters - 2009
- Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety Excellence™ (HealthGrades – 2007 - 2011; Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety)
- Clinical Achievements in Cardiac Services (HealthGrades) - Five-star rated for Treatment of Heart Failure two years in a row (2009 and 2010)
- Clinical Achievements in Vascular Surgery (HealthGrades) - Five-star rated for Carotid Surgery (2010)