Pat Herd Women's Center
If you are expecting, you want to have your baby at a hospital you trust. Now, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler offers a new state-of-the-art facility just for women that combines the quality care mothers have trusted for generations with the latest amenities.
At the Pat Herd Women’s Center at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances, the highly trained team of medical providers has pledged to deliver an exceptional care experience to every mother. With more than 2,500 newborns delivered here each year and Tyler’s only Level III neonatal intensive care unit, you can truly feel confident in the decision you made for you and your baby, should the need for a higher level of medical care arise.
State-of-the-art design and advanced healing concepts combine to offer a unique experience to women served at The Pat Herd Women’s Center. Every room offers an exceptional environment for your rest, recuperation and healing.
The Pat Herd Women’s Center was meticulously designed with your comfort and healing in mind. Offering a home-like atmosphere with upgraded rooms that create an inviting and serene environment for you and your baby.
- A warm, spa-like ambiance that is both comfortable and efficient, with soothing touches to relax the mind and ease the soul as your needs are skillfully addressed.
- 27 state-of-the-art private patient rooms featuring a flat screen television, refrigerator and comfortable furnishings for family members staying overnight.
- "Quiet time" from 2 - 4 p.m., promotes restorative rest. The lights are dimmed and procedures are not scheduled during these hours. “Quiet time” helps you heal and feel better. And with only one visitor of your preference allowed during this time, your privacy and peace are assured.
- "Transfer of trust” occurs at each shift change, and the nursing report is given at your bedside and involves your entire family. This communication ensures that your new nurse is aware of everything you have experienced prior to their arrival, and creates a seamless exchange of care around the clock.
- Spa-like atmosphere
- Room service dining
- Gift shop
- Convenient services for family and friends
- Free Wi-Fi
- Dedicated family waiting areas
- Full-service cafeteria
Peace of Mind with the NICU nearby
Should your baby have special medical needs, you both will be in the right place to receive the higher level of care required. As the only Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) in Tyler, you and your baby have access to the most sophisticated technology available in the area for newborns with health challenges. Board-certified neonatologists and specially trained nurses care for newborns in this beautiful 24-bed state-of-the-art NICU. And is just one more reason why the Pat Herd Women’s Center is the right choice for you and your baby.