Comprehensive & Collaborative Breast Care Program
What sets our program apart is that we actively encourage and make arrangements for a woman to meet with all prospective specialists who may be directly involved in her care. She can then be counseled by them before any treatment is rendered. Allowing her to make a truly informed decision about her cancer care.” - John Larrinaga, MD, The Ross Breast Center Medical Director
This unique collaboration of care was designed to address all aspects of patient care, disease management and recovery, through research, state-of-the-art technology and a team of specialists dedicated to one goal – your victory. Our coordinated and complete Cancer Care Program also includes the expertise of the nationally recognized physicians of Texas Oncology – Tyler.
Our proactive, team approach to breast cancer diagnosis and treatment includes:
- An initial diagnostic evaluation to address any clinical concerns
- Immediate feedback following that evaluation
- Plans for follow-up and/or biopsy if needed
- Specialist referrals, including:
- An initial meeting with one of our general surgeons
- A medical oncologist
- A radiation oncologist, when appropriate
- And one of our plastic surgeons
- An American Cancer Society’s“Reach to Recovery” consultation if desired
- And newly diagnosed cancer patients are discussed at a weekly, multi-disciplinary breast conference amongst a team of medical specialists to offer comments, second opinions and to formulate a treatment plan.
Our Cancer Care Program has achieved full approval from the Commission on Cancer, which recognizes the facility’s commitment to the community and to its cancer patients. This commitment is demonstrated by the organization of cancer services, the scope of quality care provided either on site or by referral and through studies of quality and implemented changes to improve access to care and outcomes.