The Center for Maternal and Fetal Care offers comprehensive preconception and prenatal genetic counseling services for women and their families.
Our board certified genetic counselors can provide counseling for the following indications:
- Maternal age-related risks for chromosome abnormalities
- Overview of prenatal screening options and coordination of screening/diagnostic testing
- Test result interpretation for abnormal maternal serum screening, noninvasive prenatal screening or fetal diagnostic testing (CVS, amniocentesis)
- History of personal or familial concerns such as birth defects, intellectual disability or genetic syndromes
- Ethnic based risk assessment and coordination of carrier screening (cystic fibrosis, thalassemias)
- Recurrent pregnancy loss or concern for a teratogenic exposure (e.g. alcohol, certain medications)
- Soft markers or structural anomalies detected by ultrasound
Working with Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians, primary obstetricians and pediatric specialists after delivery, our genetic counselors can help mothers navigate the complexities of high risk pregnancies to improve neonatal care.
To refer patients for genetic counseling services, please complete our referral form here. If you would like to discuss a potential referral, contact a genetic counselor directly at:
Westover Hills 210-703-8226
Professional Pavilion 210-704-4980
Learn more about Genetic Counseling.