Our volunteers make a difference in the lives of their friends and neighbors each day. A volunteer may be a student eager to contribute while learning more about a career in medicine or a member of the community who finds fulfillment in giving back. Many of our volunteers have learned new skills and met new friends. Others have redefined what it means to be retired with their active service at CHRISTUS. Each volunteer is essential to the fulfillment of the CHRISTUS Mission to Extend the Healing Ministry of Jesus Christ.
CHRISTUS Health is an exciting place to volunteer. Volunteers come from all walks of life and bring their unique talents to the hospital. There are a variety of volunteer placements. Each placement requires a slightly different set of skills and each is equally important.
Tell us your interests and we will find that special area where your efforts will be most helpful. There are opportunities for anyone in search of a rewarding experience.
Many of our volunteers are retirees, professionals and youth. As a volunteer, you will meet new people, learn new things, and gain the personal satisfaction of knowing you've helped your neighbors and your community.
A sample of placements include:
- Waiting rooms in surgery, ICU and ER
- Hospital lobby Information Desk
- Outpatient Pavilion Information Desk
- Gift Shop
- Greeters and escorts
- Assembling packets
- Assisting Lactation Team
- Home volunteers knit hats for babies and oncology patients
Volunteering isn’t all work. It is also a great way to meet new people and expand your social circle. Some of the rewards for volunteering include:
- Celebration luncheons for National Volunteer Week and Christmas
- Annual awards and recognition
- Free annual flu shot and TB screening
- Social outings
- The opportunity to sharpen your own skills or learn new ones
Would you like to join us?
We welcome individuals who would like to learn new skills, make new friends, and reap the blessings of helping others.
Pick Your Location Below
Listed in this section are all of our volunteer opportunities with CHRISTUS Health.
Locate the facility where you want to volunteer to find the correct contact details.
Our volunteers support our healthcare ministry by donating their time to areas such as hospital the gift shop, waiting areas, greet and escort patients and hospital visitors.
We always welcome new volunteers! To get started, please contact Auxiliary Manager Alana Brown by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the Volunteer Services Program in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. To continue each community's spirit of giving, we invite you to "catch the volunteer spirit" at one of our facilities.
Prior to beginning any volunteer work, you must complete the following steps:
- Print, complete and sign the Application and Volunteer Disclosure form.
- Have each Reference Form completed and signed by a credible colleague other than a family member.
- Return all forms in person to the Volunteer Services Department or by fax.
San Antonio locations: fax to 210-704-2807
New Braunfels: fax to 830-620-5120
- A background check will be conducted. By signing the Volunteer Disclosure/Release form, you have given us permission to perform this mandatory check. You will be notified by phone when your background check has cleared.
- A tuberculosis test may be administered at the hospital by our Occupational Health Nurse.
- You will need to meet with our Occupational Health Nurse for a tuberculosis test and annual flu shot. At that time, submit a copy of your immunization record.
- Attend the mandatory Volunteer Orientation sessions.
We look forward to welcoming you to CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System. Please see below for contact information regarding Orientation dates and TB health screenings at your facility of choice.
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa – Alamo Heights, New Braunfels or San Marcos
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – Medical Center or Westover Hills
If you would like to join our CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Jasper Memorial Auxiliary, you may call 409-384-1874 to receive more information on how to join.
Our volunteers enhance the quality of service provided at CHRISTUS Shreveport-Bossier - Health System.
Volunteering not only helps our patients, but it's good for our volunteers' health as well. Numerous studies have shown that people who volunteer their time live healthier lives.
To volunteer, call 318-681-4280.
Make volunteering a part of your life
Summer Junior Volunteer Program
CHRISTUS Spohn welcomes our youngest volunteers!
If you have a teenager or know a teenager interested in healthcare, please share the Junior Volunteer Program with them.
Join Our Volunteer Team!
Are you looking for a positive way to make a difference? Join us as a volunteer with the CHRISTUS St. Frances Cabrini Hospital Auxiliary!
If you are interested in joining the CHRISTUS Cabrini Auxiliary contact the Patient Relations office at 318-528-6798 and find out how you can help.
The CHRISTUS St. Michael Junior Volunteer program is designed for high school age volunteers during the summer months. Junior volunteers earn valuable participation in the healthcare field while gaining important work experience. Novella Medlock, Customer Service & Patient Relations, coordinates this program.
If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with the St. Michael Auxiliary, please call Sr. Jeanne Connell at 903-614-2069. If you are interested in learning more about volunteering with the CHRISTUS St. Michael Hospital-Atlanta Auxiliary, please call Melissa Kimble at 903-799-3301. If you are interested in the Junior Volunteer program, please contact Novella Medlock at 903-614-2694.
The St. Vincent Hospital Auxiliary is the volunteer organization of the hospital. Founded in 1951, their mission is to support and enhance the hospital’s capacity to meet the healthcare needs of the people of Santa Fe and Northern New Mexico. Today, the Auxiliary has grown from its original 17 members to 180 active members who provide a variety of services to CHRISTUS St. Vincent and St. Vincent Hospital Foundation.
Auxiliary members donate more than 36,000 hours annually to the hospital. They staff the hospital’s information desks, the gift shop, surgical waiting rooms, library and coffee carts, and greet and escort patients and hospital visitors. Furthermore, their support extends far beyond the walls of the hospital. Each fall, members coordinate the Cozy Coats program for school children.
Would you like to make a difference through volunteer service? Would you like to experience the satisfaction that can only come from helping others? If so, we have exciting volunteer opportunities for you!
Volunteers play a crucial role in providing patient and family centered care at The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio. Our volunteers have diverse backgrounds and experience. Volunteers serve in multiple departments and many positions offer flexible scheduling. Volunteer opportunities are based on the current needs of requesting departments and on the volunteer's suitability, experience, and time commitment. Let us find the right volunteer experience for you!
Requirements for Volunteering
- Volunteers must be 18 years old or older (unless applying for our Junior Volunteer Program)
- Submission of a completed application (includes two references)
- Completion of formal interview
- Consent to and pass a required background check
- Completion of required health screening
- Completion of all require volunteer forms
- Completion of general volunteer orientation
- Completion of orientation in assigned service area
- Agreement to volunteer for 100 hours
- Volunteers must receive the flu and COVID-19 vaccines
- Must wear a mask while at the hospital
Don't wait! Start the process today and become a volunteer at The Children’s Hospital of San Antonio! We can’t wait to serve the children and families of our community together!
Please follow the links below for information, applications, and reference forms.
- The Children's Hospital of San Antonio Volunteer Application
- The Children's Hospital of San Antonio Volunteer Disclosure
- The Children's Hospital of San Antonio Volunteer References
Please see below for contact information regarding volunteering at The Children's Hospital of San Antonio:
Since forming in 1958, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services has grown from a handful of volunteers to the more than 250 dedicated men and women providing a variety of valuable services in many departments of our Tyler, Jacksonville and Winnsboro hospitals.
We welcome adult and school-aged volunteers to give a weekly minimum of four hours of service.
- Working or retired adults
- Stay-at-home moms
- High school students
- College students
For more information about becoming a volunteer, please contact Volunteer Services at the appropriate facility listed below: