at CHRISTUS Health
At CHRISTUS Health, our Spiritual Care Team is committed to offering spiritual care to patients, families, friends, staff and the community. This is true especially during times of illness and hospitalization. Our Chaplains are professionally board certified and clinically trained to provide ecumenical support.
We believe acknowledging the human spiritual nature of our patients is a vital component of our healing ministry. A "holistic" view of patient care attends to the body, mind, and spirit. We respect the patient's viewpoint and are sensitive to the unique spiritual needs of each person we serve. The Spiritual Care Team leads the effort to assure this aspect of care is honored. We serve all patients and families regardless of faith or affiliation. Our staff and Chaplains are always ready to offer support to the spiritual well-being of our patients and their friends and family.
Our ministry includes, but is not limited to:
Spiritual and emotional support
- Grief and loss counseling
- End of life issues
- Information about Advance Directives
- Help in dealing with worries, fears, questions, or pain
- Help with ethical concerns, values, and decisions
- Support during times of crisis or emergency situations
- Family team conferences
- Providing Sacraments or religious services as appropriate
- Pastoral counseling
- Worship services