Onboarding Process information
Thank you for considering Christus St. Vincent (CSV) as your volunteer choice. Volunteers have been an integral part of the hospital since 1951 and we would be delighted to have you join us.
Christus St. Vincent Volunteer Services provides compassionate, supportive volunteers who enhance the hospital’s capacity to provide an excellent experience to all communities served by Christus St. Vincent Health System.
Kristin Slater-Huff is the Volunteer Coordinator and will walk you through the onboarding process. Please follow the link below to our online New Member Form. After you submit the form, Kristin will reach out to you to set up a time to meet in person. When we meet, if you have not downloaded your photo ID, please bring your license or passport so we can make a copy.
- CSV Pre-Screening Review: Kristin will pass relevant information from your Application Form to the CSV Human Resources Department for a pre-screening review.
- Verified First: We submit your Social Security number to Verified First for a national background screening, at the expense of CSV.
- Health Screening: On a date and time that is convenient for you, you will meet with Annette Lucero in the CSV Human Resources (HR) office at 1672 Hospital Drive (the 2-story building at the corner of Harkle Road and Hospital Drive). The parking lot entrance is on Harkle.
Bring your vaccination records with you for verification. This includes your COVID and most recent flu vaccinations. If you have not had either of those, you can get them as part of onboarding, free of charge. Please make a reasonable effort to find records for other major immunizations including Measles, Chicken Pox, Hepatitis B and Tdap, or be prepared to estimate your health history on those. If you received immunizations through CHRISTUS, your record can be accessed at the HR office.
You will be provided with a lab requisition for a free Tuberculosis test at our lab.
- ID Badge: After your health screening, while still in the HR office, your picture will be taken for your ID badge, which Kristin will pick up after your health screen results come back.
- CSV Orientation: Because our volunteers are valued at the same level as our hospital Associates, you are required to complete the same orientation as other Associates (employees). Orientations are a full day and are held every other Monday. We will schedule you in the next available class.
- Uniform: After your orientation, Kristin will schedule a day for you to come and get your badge, get fitted for a volunteer uniform, and connect with the volunteer who is the Service Lead for your area of interest.