Contributors First Philosophy
This means that our first priority is to ensure that our contributors' needs are being met. As there are any number of worthy causes willing to take donations, we want contributors to know that they have made a good decision to give their gift to a CHRISTUS foundation. It is important that the contributor know the gift will be stewarded in the manner in which they expect and that they have been recognized in appropriate ways.
The foundations throughout our CHRISTUS Health system appreciate each contribution. We believe that the best contributor is the one who understands the mission and focus of the organization. Therefore, through Contributor Services, CHRISTUS Health educates, informs and provides opportunities for contributors to see their gifts in action.
Many of the foundations within the CHRISTUS Health system provide our contributors with newsletters and/or bulletins describing the cutting edge work of their respective health care facility. We invite our contributors to events that will help educate them about the latest advances in healthcare and have some fun in the process. Several of the foundations also have a variety of contributor recognition programs to recognize gifts of all sizes.
CHRISTUS Health is committed to safeguarding contributor privacy on our web site. We operate under the following set of strict privacy principles:
The only information CHRISTUS Health and its health care facilities obtain about individual visitors/contributors to its web site is that supplied voluntarily by visitors/contributors.
In cases when one of the CHRISTUS Health facility foundations may need personal information to provide visitors with customized content or to inform them about new features or services, visitors are explicitly asked for that information.
Personally identifiable information provided by visitors (e.g., name, e-mail, or home address, etc.) will not be disclosed to any other party. If at such time, one of the CHRISTUS Health facility foundations believes it would be in the benefit of site visitors and contributors to share this information with other organizations, visitors will be explicitly asked if this would be permissible.
The Give Your Support section of the CHRISTUS web site is not designed for use by children nor does the site seek to collect information on children who may visit the site.
Further details on our information gathering, use and privacy practices for this site are below.
General Information About All Users
To determine the number of visitors to our site and the most/least-visited pages on the site, CHRISTUS Health gathers statistical information on a regular basis to understand how the public is using the site. These statistical reports do not contain any personal information on visitors to the site.
Personal Information About You
We may ask you to provide your personal information such as your e-mail address to provide you with news and information that you have elected to receive. CHRISTUS Health may use this information at some point in time to notify you by e-mail of additions to the web site, upcoming events, or to convey other important CHRISTUS Health foundation-related information.
Corrections to Your Information
If your contributor information changes (e.g., mailing address, e-mail address, etc.), you may notify CHRISTUS Health or one of our facilities of these changes through the site by the following means:
- Send an e-mail to the CHRISTUS facility where you made a contribution, indicating the changes to your contact information. (See Philanthropy Staff Directory)
- Call the CHRISTUS facility where you made a contribution, indicating the changes to your contact information. (See Philanthropy Staff Directory)
- Write to the CHRISTUS facility where you made a contribution, indicating the changes to your contact information. (See Philanthropy Staff Directory)
Our online survey asks visitors for demographic information to better understand our audience and better serve the communities we are reaching with the CHRISTUS Health Web site. CHRISTUS Health may store survey results to track responses over time and to use the responses to improve your experiences on the CHRISTUS Health Web site.
In order to provide visitors with greater value, CHRISTUS Health may provide links to various third-party Web sites. However, CHRISTUS Health exercises no authority over linked sites, each of which maintains independent privacy and data collection policies and procedures. CHRISTUS Health assumes no responsibility or liability for these independent methods or actions and is not responsible for the independent policies or procedures of destination sites. These destination links are provided only for your convenience, and as such, you access them at your own risk. However, CHRISTUS Health wishes to ensure the integrity of the CHRISTUS Health Web site and its destination links, so any comments pertaining to the CHRISTUS Health site or any sites accessed through the CHRISTUS Health Web site links are greatly appreciated.
Give Your Support
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that contributors and prospective contributors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights*:
- To be informed of CHRISTUS Health’s mission and vision, of the way it intends to use donated resources and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purpose.
- To be informed of those serving on our various foundation boards and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial summary.
- To be assured that gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional and ethical in nature.
- To be informed of who is seeking the donation.
- To ensure donors that their donor records will not be sold or shared with other outside agencies.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation or pledge and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
* Developed based upon the National Donor Bill of Rights