Volunteers fill the gap between loved ones and professional caregivers and are trained to meet the needs of families. Volunteers are unpaid but are truly priceless!
To volunteer, complete the Hospice Volunteer Application and email to Lori Lowe.
- Serve as a friend to the patient and family, offering support and encouragement
11th Hour Candlelighter
- Direct patient care by sitting with the patient as they pass away
- Provide grief support to the surviving family members after the patient's death
Program Office Volunteer
- Perform clerical tasks such as answering phones, filing or assisting with bulk mailing in the Hospice office
- Serves on an basis for fundraisers, community events, making prayer blankets, making craft items for patients, etc.
- Take photos for our "Faces of Hospice" program. This is a free service we provide to patients and their families where we take photos that will help them cherish their loved one after they are gone.
Have a Heart Thrift Store
- Maintain and run the Thrift Store by greeting customers, sorting donations, steaming clothes, cleaning household items, opening and closing register. All proceeds go to the CTMC Family Grief Center.
What can I expect as a Hospice Volunteer?
For more information about volunteering at CTMC Hospice, please call our Volunteer Coordinator at 512-754-6159