In effort to adhere to social distancing guidelines recommended by the Centers for Disease control, we are taking proactive steps to address concerns. We want first and foremost to maintain a safe workplace and encourage and or adopt practices protecting the health of our employees, patients, and visitors. We also want to ensure the continuity of business operations during this Pandemic. We appreciate your understanding at this time.
We are currently restricting visitors and ask that you access your medical records through one of three options.
(OPTION 1 by electronic request) via the: YourCHRISTUS Patient Portal
(OPTION 2) Download PHI authorization, and then fax to Medical Records
(OPTION 3) by calling the Release of Information Dept. at (337) 491-7737.
(OPTION 1) To view your Electronic records for: CHRISTUS Ochsner St. Patrick Hospital and CHRISTUS Ochsner Lake Area Hospital and SW Imaging Center
YourCHRISTUS is an easy, secure way to manage your health at your convenience. Patients eligible for Patient Portal must have received care at a CHRISTUS facility. You can also create a Proxy Account to view the health care records of minor children or adults for whom you are the caregiver.
The patient portal empowers you to:
- Access your health records 24/7
- Access test results, lab results and documented hospital reports
- Download your health records, share results with your primary care physician
- Manage your profile and security settings
- Shared access to Share with your family or Physician
- Pay your bill online
- Manage the account of a person for whom you are a caregiver
- Access your health information through apps that use API
(OPTION 2) Requests for paper copies or records that you would like sent directly to your Physician
1. Download the Authorization Disclosure form
2. Fill in the form (if going to Physician’s office, Please include Fax # for Physician.
3. Fax the Form with copies of IDs to (337) 491-7545
4. or mail the form to:
CHRISTUS Ochsner’s St. Patrick’s Hospital
Attn: Medical Record Dept.
524 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive
Lake Charles, LA 70601
(OPTION 3) In-Person Request: Walk-in access to obtain Medical Records has been temporarily Cancelled
We have provided an alternate way that you can retrieve your medical records. You may request hospital records by Calling the Medical Records Release Department.
(337) 491-7737 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To request your records by phone you will be required to answer questions to confirm your identity.
Please be prepared to provide:
1. NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, HOME ADDRESS
2. CURRENT DRIVER’S LICENSE OR
3. LAST 4 OF SSN
4. OTHER CURRENT, ORIGINAL GOVERNMENT-ISSUED IDENTIFICATION WITH PHOTO,
5. ANY OTHER RELIABLE DEMOGRAPHICS THAT MAY HAVE BEEN COLLECTED