The facility affords many benefits to our patients:
- Patients have a separate entrance and admitting desk on the northeast side of the hospital.
- Surgery patients are given special parking permits during their time of surgery.
- A family-friendly waiting room near the admitting area and an outdoor courtyard - funded by the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation and Auxiliary - offers more room and greater privacy
- There are 10 operating rooms and two procedure rooms. This gives us the capacity to accept emergency trauma cases and accommodate increasing numbers of surgeries.
- Operating rooms have space for today's state-of-the-art technology.
- There are 10 surgical admitting bays which makes it possible to prepare more patients for surgery, shortening wait times and increasing efficiency.
- The post-anesthesia care unit has 17 bays, giving patients more time to recover after surgery.
- A welcoming area for IV infusion, blood transfusions, and injections so patients don't have to go through the Emergency Department, which is more convenient for the patient.
- A suite dedicated to laser eye procedures.
Operating rooms feature equipment booms mounted in the ceiling, allowing for efficient placement of surgical equipment, better use of space, and a more organized work area for surgeons and staff. In addition, the operating rooms have flexibility to accommodate different types of surgery. For example, three operating rooms are equipped with endoscopic equipment while a fourth set of the equipment is mobile. Surgeons have the ability to display critical patient vital signs, x-rays, and digital images on conveniently located ceiling-mounted monitors.