We have successfully treated strokes by allowing blood to flow through previously blocked vessels using state-of-the-art devices that remove the clot and decrease the disabilities caused by stroke in 92.8% of our patients (TICI-post treatment reperfusion grade). In addition, 60% of our patients treated with tPA (clot busting medicine) or Mechanical Embolectomy (clot retrieval) return to a functionally independent standard of living within three months of discharge.
Code Stroke Program
Certified as an Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center, our highly-skilled team, in partnership with Tyler Neurosurgical Associates and Tyler Radiology Associates, have the experience and knowledge required to deliver unrivaled stroke care.
Our Code Stroke Program includes:
- Dedicated and specialized stroke team composed of Neurology-trained ICU nurses, Neurohospitalists, Neurologists, Neuro-interventional Radiologists, Neurosurgeons, Emergency Physicians and support staff
- Curb-side attendance to ensure rapid and efficient care anytime day or night
- Comprehensive treatment options for strokes, subarachnoid hemorrhages, aneurysms and neurovascular disorders
- State-of-the-art imaging including CT, MRI and Angiography
- Swift, consistent and uncomplicated transfer process that is just one call away 866-634-7363
- Patient outcomes communicated back to transferring facilities in a timely manner
Comprehensive Stroke Center Designations
The Neuroscience Institute’s Stroke Program has held the Joint Commission’s Disease Specific Certification as a Comprehensive Stroke Center since 2008. This certification is a guarantee to our patients that they will receive a consistently high level of quality, based on effective data-driven performance improvement that reduces the risk of error and improves stroke outcomes.
In addition, the State of Texas has designated CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System as a Comprehensive Stroke Center in the East Texas region. Hospitals that receive the designation work in partnership with local emergency medical services to ensure timely care for stroke patients, reduce the burden of stroke and improve survival outcomes.
These designations ensure that our patients receive top-quality stroke care from board-certified, fellowship-trained neurologists who are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of stroke and related cerebrovascular disorders. The difference in the quality of care we provide shows in the lives of our former patients and their families.
Make an Appointment with MyChart
Are you at risk for Stroke?
Anyone can have a stroke, however your chances increase if you have certain risk factors. Approximately 795,000 strokes occur each year, and up to 80 percent of them could be prevented. The Stroke Risk Profiler takes just a few minutes and provides information about your personal risk for stroke.