Health Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion Initiatives

CIIACC works very closely with CHRISTUS Health’s Office for Health Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion to foster a culture of diversity and inclusion in the research enterprise to further achieve health equity at CHRISTUS Health. These fundamentals underpin our core mission, and guide our interactions with research participants, their families and friends, and the communities we serve.

CIIACC Associates

According to an internal survey conducted in October 2017, the CIIACC team (leadership and associates) comprises 74% females and 26% males. The diversity distribution was well represented as follows: 57% White, 23% African Americans, 8% Hispanics, 6% Asians, and 6% other. This diverse team is well prepared to enroll and care for our diverse participants in research studies and clinical trials.

Racial Distribution CHRISTUS
Associates/Providers
CIIACC
Associates
White 51% 57%
Black or African American 15% 23%
Hispanic 25% 8%
Asian 5% 6%
American Indian/Alaskan Native 1% 0%
Unknown 3% 6%

Research Participants

Of the 2,744 new research participants enrolled in FY2018, 53% were females while 47% were males. 89% of them were adults and the remaining 11% were a combination of neonates, children, adolescents, and young adults. The ethnicity distribution was 40% Hispanics, 37% non-Hispanics, and 23% unknown. The racial distribution of our research participants was representative of the communities we serve.

<) not found.-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->