A Flight that Can Save a Life
Flight For Life is a critical care air medical transport service that provides helicopter transportation for patients needing critical care service within a 350-mile radius from Tyler, Texas. We serve over 120,000 square miles of Northeast Texas, Western Louisiana, and Southern Oklahoma, and transport over 1,500 patients each year. When needed, local law enforcement also enlists our aid during search missions.
Aviation, Airframe and Powerplant maintenance services are provided and operated by PHI Air Medical, LLC, FAA Air Carrier #VE7AO70N.
Each aircraft carries state-of-the-art equipment
- Video laryngoscope for intubating difficult adult, pediatric, and neonatal patients
- Mechanical CPR device
- Hamilton T1 mechanical ventilator for adults, pediatrics, and neonates; capable of advanced modes such as APRV, PRVC, and neonatal CPAP in addition to CPAP and BiPAP.
- Point-of-care ultrasound, for assessing for internal injuries
- Monitors capable of transducing three invasive lines, continuous temperature monitoring, ETCO2, SpO2, 12-lead ECG, pacing, and defibrillation.
- Hemostatic gauze, commercial tourniquets, and junctional tourniquets for controlling hemorrhage
- IV fluid warmer to provide warm blood and fluids to the patient
- IV pumps capable of managing six concurrent infusions; can bring additional pumps if required/requested
- Full complement of neonatal and pediatric equipment (suction, OG/NG tubes, warming devices, airway equipment, and medications)
Ground Safety Courses
For agencies interested in utilizing Flight For Life services, we offer a Ground Safety Course that includes our Flight Crew and aircraft coming on-site to cover the imperatives of Flight For Life procedures:
- Activating the system
- Preparing the Landing Zone
- Ground operations
3rd Rider Program
Flight For Life offers a 3rd Rider Program where individuals who have completed a 2-4 hour educational course have the opportunity to spend a day with the Flight Crew on the aircraft.
We carry four units of blood (PRBCs and plasma) and all Flight For Life crews are trained in the following therapies
- Advanced airway procedures including medication-assisted intubation and surgical cricothyroidotomy
- Chest tube placementArterial, central venous and umbilical line placement
- Maintaining Impella and LVAD cardiac assist devices in transport
- Digital blocks for pain relief in amputations
Flight For Life can also bring the following specialty equipment to the patient, when notified in advance
- Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP)
- Fetal monitoring (capable of twin gestation)
- SpecBabyPod, a temperature-controlled environment for 2-7 kg infants
- Capable of transporting and managing Impella devices in transport
For more information on how Flight For Life can work for you, please email Jim Speier, Marketing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.