Many people are affected by hard-to-heal wounds that can result from a number of factors including poor circulation, diabetes, trauma, altered nutritional status and immune system problems. In these cases, the medical problem requires special treatment and care. If you have a wound that is not responding within 4 weeks of conventional treatment, we have specialized clinicians and advanced services to assist in healing your problem wound.
On your first visit, you will have a comprehensive physical and diagnostic evaluation to identify the type of wound you have and the underlying problems causing it. Tests may include radiology and vascular studies, laboratory and transcutaneous oxygen testing.
Nearly six million Americans suffer from chronic, non-healing wounds. There are many reasons why a wound may not heal including infection, lack of adequate blood flow, pressure and/or repeated injury to the wound, and medical conditions including diabetes mellitus, kidney disease, malnutrition, and anemia.
We offer advanced assessment and treatment options to meet your health needs for wounds resulting from:
- Diabetic Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Trauma Wounds / Crush Injuries
- Complex Soft Tissue Wounds
- Compromised Skin Grafts And Flaps
- Radiation Tissue Damage
- Osteomyelitis (bone infections)
- Soft tissue infections
- Osteoradionecrosis (rare side effect that develops some time after radiation therapy has ended. It usually occurs in the lower jaw)
- Problem Surgical Wounds
ADVANCED TREATMENT AND SERVICES
Once the cause of the slow-to-heal wound is determined, our center utilizes advanced treatment to promote wound healing.
- Wound debridement
- Compression therapy
- Negative pressure therapy
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Total contact casting
- Specialty dressings
- Topical wound therapy
- Growth factors and bio-engineered tissue products
- Skin grafting
- Antibiotic therapy
- Coordination of specialty services including home health, nutritional counseling, physical therapy, occupational therapy, orthotics
- Patient education
WHEN TO SEE A WOUND SPECIALIST
- Anytime you have a wound that has not healed in 30 days
- Anytime you have a wound below the knee if you have diabetes
- Anytime you have a wound below the knee if you have circulation problems
- Anytime you have a wound if you have lupus, rheumatoid arthritis or scleroderma