Your First & Only Heart Hospital in Northeast Texas
During a heart emergency, the Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital is your option for fast, specialized care. Our medical team, experts in both skill and empathy, are committed to treating your heart with the utmost respect and attention it deserves.
Find all you need for your heart's well-being in one place:
- Nationally accredited cath lab
- Specialized heart failure program
- Advanced transcatheter valve procedures
- Certified chest pain center
- Advanced electrophysiology
- Comprehensive cardiac ICU
Find A Cardiologist Close to HomeFind A Heart Care Provider
Seals of Excellence
A Heart Program Leading Northeast Texas in Care
Our primary focus is innovation, as we are always searching for improved ways to deliver care to you. Our unwavering commitment to your well-being ensures that you have access to the latest medical advancements, alongside the expertise of our skilled heart care specialists.
Why CHRISTUS Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital is the heart care leader in Northeast Texas:
- Heart Care Close to Home: With 70 heart specialists and 13 locations throughout Northeast Texas, expert heart care is always nearby.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: Includes a modern outpatient cath lab, ensuring you have access to the latest heart health technology.
- A Community of Caregivers: More than just doctors, we're a network of caregivers dedicated to your heart's health.
- Tailored Heart Care: Every visit is personalized, focusing on your specific heart health needs.
Heart Care When You Need It
The Conditions We Treat for Your Heart
Whether you need simple cholesterol checks or to treat cardiovascular diseases, there's no need to travel far or be away from loved ones. Our dedicated team ensures timely, comprehensive care tailored just for you in our community.
Get treatment for the following:
- Cardiac arrest and heart attack
- Congenital heart defects
- Coronary artery disease
- Heart failure
- Peripheral artery disease
- Valve diseases
- Advanced treatment for heart health
- Coronary Calcium Scoring
- Atrial Fibrillation Services
Hours & Locations
Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital
Built for fast, lifesaving care
Chest Pain Center: If you ever experience heart attack symptoms, the Chest Pain Center at the heart hospital in Tyler offers you immediate, specialized care:
- Located only steps away from the advanced cardiac cath lab, ensuring you receive rapid, life-saving interventions—when every second counts.
- As the region's first nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, it offers a high standard of cardiac care you can rely on in critical times.
- With a skilled 24/7 cardiac care team on duty, you are guaranteed expert care at any time, essential during heart attack emergencies.
Procedures to Save Time When Time Matters Most
Leading in Heart Attack Care: Adhering to the American College of Cardiology guidelines, we've crucially shortened the transport to treatment time to under 60 minutes — well below the 90-minute critical threshold for heart attack treatment.
Better Patient Care
Louis and Peaches Owen Hospital is the only cardiac facility Blue Cross Blue Shield designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care in East Texas. This designation is given to centers demonstrating better quality care and improved patient care.
The Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit was awarded the Beacon Award, recognizing it as one of the country's top 3% of ICUs.
Departments at Tyler's Heart Hospital
If you're experiencing heart rhythm issues, our Electrophysiology team can help. We use 3-D electrophysiology mapping to pinpoint the source of your heart's electrical problems. Once identified, your irregular heartbeat can be treated effectively through ablation, ICD, or medication, tailored specifically to your needs.
Call 903-606-7525 for more information.
When you visit our Heart Valve Center, you'll meet both a cardiologist and a cardiothoracic surgeon in one appointment. This unique approach allows us to create a comprehensive treatment plan for you on the same day, saving you time and providing peace of mind.
Call 903-606-2049 for more information.
In our Cardiology department, we focus on your heart's health, offering everything from prevention programs to advanced diagnostics and treatments. If you're concerned about heart or vascular diseases, we're here to help lower your risk and find conditions early.
Call 903-606-7000 for more information.
Our Pulmonary Medicine experts are dedicated to managing your acute and chronic respiratory and pulmonary disorders. If you're facing lung, airway, or chest issues, our Pulmonologists provide personalized treatment plans, addressing your unique cardiopulmonary needs.
Call 903-606-2830 for more information.
In our Pulmonary Rehabilitation program, we focus on improving your life with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. You'll receive a personalized plan that includes exercise and education guidelines tailored to your individual needs. Join our classes for monitored exercise and group support. A physician referral is required for participation.
Call 903-606-3000 for more information.
If you've recently had a heart attack, heart surgery, or are dealing with stable angina or chronic heart failure, our cardiac rehab program is designed for you. With a physician's referral, we can determine the best time for you to begin. Our program is here to support your heart's recovery by addressing conditions including:
- Recent heart attack
- Angioplasty and/or stent
- Heart bypass
- Valve surgery
- Stable angina
- Chronic heart failure
At the Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital, our Cardiothoracic Surgery team offers you superior, state-of-the-art cardiac and thoracic surgical care. Our highly trained, board-certified surgeons specialize in a range of procedures, from open heart surgery to minimally invasive techniques, focused on your health and recovery.
Call 903-606-2992 for more information.
Our Vascular Institute is dedicated to your artery and vein health. Our team of fellowship-trained vascular surgeons specializes in comprehensive medical and surgical care, including both minimally invasive procedures and traditional surgeries, focusing on the best outcomes for your vascular health
Call 903-606-1400 for more information.
A Decade of Excellence: Leading the Way in Cardiac Care
Over the last 10 years, we have experienced growth, technology advancements, and numerous accolades so we can give you the most comprehensive care in Northeast Texas:
- First hospital in the country to receive the American College of Cardiology National Distinction of Excellence – HeartCARE Center
- Only accredited heart failure program in East Texas, providing the best care and resources for congestive heart failure.
- Top rating in heart attack care by U.S. News and World Report