Each year, our certified surgical and medical staff perform more than 7,500 inpatient and outpatient surgeries. We treat a variety of surgical specialties including general, neurological, orthopedic, gynecologic, endovascular, and cardiovascular. Recognizing the increasing demand for minimally invasive vascular procedures, our Hybrid Operating Room (OR) allows for more minimally invasive procedures, shorter recovery time for patients, and some procedures that were done as inpatient can be done as outpatient. Please use the resources below to prepare for your surgery at CHRISTUS St. Michael.
Check List for the Day of Surgery
- Wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for your type of procedure/test (comfortable walking shoes for stress test).
- Do not wear any valuables or bring any with you.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight prior to your procedure/tests.
- What to bring on the day of surgery
- Driver's license
- Insurance cards
- Medication you are currently taking
- Living will/advance directive
- One adult who can legally sign consent forms to be with you
- Contact lens case and solution (or reading glasses)
- Denture cup (if applicable)