Free evaluation of sports related injuries is provided by orthopedic surgeons, primary care and pediatric physicians who specialize in sports medicine. The evaluations are free because these physicians volunteer hundreds of hours each year at the Sports Medicine Center.
However, diagnostic testing such as X-ray, MRI, or CT-scans are not included as part of the complementary evaluation. The athlete must pay any applicable insurance co-payment, deductibles, and services not covered by insurance. If the student does not have insurance coverage CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Medical Center will work with the student and the families on a payment plan and/or other arrangements can be made.
Prepare for your visit by downloading our Clinical Note and filling out numbers one through three. You're attending physician will complete the form.
What you should know:
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Home Phone Number
- Mom or Dad’s name, employer, & work phone number
- Name of school you attend
- Athletic trainer’s or coach’s name
What you should have:
- A parent, guardian, athletic trainer or coach present with you at the Sports Clinic
- Proof of Insurance – whether it be school insurance or personal insurance
- If you have school insurance, your MUST have a signed form by one of your parents.
- If any X-rays or MRIs were done before your visit to the Sports Clinic, be sure to bring a copy of the films with the report.
- A completed Student Claim Form from your school.