Proudly serving our community for more than 100 years
Through numerous building phases and name changes, Good Shepherd Medical Center - Marshall has been growing with our community and serving patients for more than 100 years. Established in 1909 by several Harrison County physicians, Good Shepherd Medical Center - Marshall was previously a not-for-profit organization called the Marshall Regional Medical Center.
In October 2007, Marshall joined the Good Shepherd Health System to improve access and quality of care throughout the region. With more coordination of care between the organizations, the association brought health care coverage to a larger region of East Texas, and it created cost efficiencies for purchasing supplies and equipment while providing the opportunity to better coordinate the development of services to the Marshall community.
We have taken pleasure in the daily inspirations of life –witnessing a family’s joy for the birth of their newborn, building relationships with our patients, and being chosen to help with the healing process. Life gives us so many opportunities to rejoice and to be inspired. Thank you for choosing Good Shepherd Medical Center - Marshall. Our passionate care gives witness that it’s more than a claim, it’s dedication.