CT Lung Screening
The New Braunfels community has high number of lung cancer patients. Likewise, lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related deaths. To help battle this disease, CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Hospital – New Braunfels offers Low-Dose CT Lung Screening, which can detect problems before any symptoms show. The screening is available at the low introductory price of $99.
A Simple Screen
This simple screening is a noninvasive, low-radiation procedure that dramatically increases the chances of detection of even the smallest of tumors and takes only about 15 minutes of your time.
The National Lung Screening Trial states that you must meet all of the following criteria to be a candidate for a lung screening:
- Are a current or former smoker (Those who have quit within the past 15 years.)
- Are in the age group from 55 to 77 years
- Have a smoking history of at least 30 pack years (One pack per day for 30 years or two packs per day for 15 years.)
- Have no signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- If you do not meet the screening criteria, please consult with your physician to see if this screening is right for you.
At this time, only Low-Dose CT scans are recommended for lung screening. Chest X-rays are not recommended.
For more information on Low-Dose CT Lung Screenings or to find out if your insurance or Medicare covers this procedure, please contact 830-606-2188.