Since forming in 1958, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services has grown from a handful of volunteers to the more than 250 dedicated men and women providing a variety of valuable services in many departments of our Tyler, Jacksonville and Winnsboro hospitals.
The volunteer team at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is made up of dedicated men and women willing to offer at least four hours a week to provide a variety of valuable services. They are a big reason our patients have such an exceptional experience while in our care.
The commitment of our volunteers has cultivated an environment where they have flourished and all truly play an integral part in the patient's experience while in the care of our health system.
At CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances, miracles occur every day, from the birth of a baby to the first words of a rehabilitated stroke patient. It is a true gift that the members of the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services have the opportunity to lend a hand, offer a smile or open their hearts to while supporting the mission of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System.
Who can volunteer?
We welcome adult and school-aged volunteers to give a weekly minimum of four hours of service.
- Working or retired adults
- Stay-at-home moms
- High school students
- College students
There are many placements available to fit individual schedules, abilities and interests and our volunteers can work directly with patients or family members and visitors in non-patient areas.
We do our best to match the interests, skills, life experiences, personal goals and availability with the health system's needs.
What can I do to help as a volunteer?
Greet patients, families and visitors
- Provide patient room information, answer and transfer telephone calls
- Transport patients who need assistance or escort individuals to various hospital destinations
- Work in harmony with clinical staff on patient care units to deliver various non-clinical services requested by patients and employees
- Participate in job shadowing placements for high school and college student volunteers
- Participate in fundraising efforts to benefit specific projects of the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Foundation
- Participate in animal-assisted therapy, known as the Therapet Program, making hospital visits with highly-trained pets and handlers to aid in the healing and recovery of our patients
How Do I Join?
For more information on becoming a CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer, please visit our How to Apply page.
Apply for Volunteer Services
At CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances, miracles occur every day; from the birth of a baby to the first words of a rehabilitated stroke patient. It is a true gift that the members of the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services have the opportunity to lend a hand, offer a smile or open their hearts to while supporting the mission of CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System.
How do I join or register?
For more information on becoming a volunteer, please contact Volunteer Services at the appropriate facility listed below, and follow these steps:
- Complete a volunteer registration application
- Interview with CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services
- Complete a volunteer orientation
- Take a TB (tuberculosis) test
Register for your area of interest
- Adult Volunteer Application
- Job Shadowing Application (High school and college students)
- Respite Care Program Application
- Student All-Stars Program Application
- Student Volunteer Application
For more information about becoming a volunteer, please contact Volunteer Services at the appropriate facility listed below:
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
2026 S. Jackson
Jacksonville, Texas 75766
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
800 E. Dawson
Tyler, Texas 75702
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
719 W. Coke Rd.
Winnsboro, Texas 75494