Clinical Pastoral Education
Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at CHRISTUS Health is a theological education that allows students to learn by experience in a clinical setting while working under the supervision of a qualified ministry of spiritual care practitioner.
The primary educational purpose of CPE is to provide:
- Spiritual care to individuals and groups in an increasingly effective manner
- Develop and/or enhance your pastoral identity
- Develop a variety of interpersonal and academic skills related to the provision of spiritual care in a variety of clinical settings
CPE at CHRISTUS Health
Our Mission, Spirituality, and Core Values form the foundation for our provision.
- Our Mission: “To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.”
- Our Spirituality: The Spirituality of CHRISTUS Health compels us to service in response to the needs of others to extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ.
- Our Core Values: Dignity, Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Stewardship
Accredited by ACPE
CPE at CHRISTUS Health is accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), for Levels I, II and Certified Educator CPE. Located at One West Court Square, Suite 325, Decatur, GA 30030. For more information, please feel free to call 404-320-1472 or visit our website at www.acpe.edu.
Different Aspects of CPE
The learning methodology in CPE is an “action/reflection/integration” model of education. We believe that service and learning go hand-in-hand to enrich one another. In doing so, you will:
- Provide direct spiritual care to others.
- Use the resources and program structures to reflect deeply on the ministry offered and on yourself.
- Individual and group supervision opportunities are available to reflect on and work through with your pastoral functioning and identity.
- Significant clinical responsibilities in conjunction with the educational aspects of the program.
CHRISTUS Spohn Health System - Corpus Christi
613 Elizabeth St., Ste. 702, Corpus Christi, TX 78405
CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System
333 North Santa Rosa St., San Antonio, TX 78207
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System
800 E. Dawson, Tyler, TX 75701-2036