Who Does Breast Cancer Affect?
Breast cancer affects almost 1 in 8 women in the United States and it is a curable disease if detected early enough. At CHRISTUS Health, we emphasize the importance of breast exams and mammograms for women and even men who have a family history of breast cancer. Our compassionate oncologists and medical associates help detect breast abnormalities to ensure you receive the necessary resources, diagnostics, treatments, and procedures.
Various Breast Screening OptionsBreast Screening
Signs & Symptoms
There are many common warning signs of breast cancer, however, some people may not experience any symptoms:
- A lump in the breast or armpit (underarm)
- Swelling or thickness in part of the breast
- Irritated and dimpled breast skin
- Flaky or redness of skin in the nipple or breast area
- Excessive pain in the nipple area
- Size or shape of breast changed