Prenatal Genetic Counseling
Top-Notch Genetic Counseling
CHRISTUS Health offers comprehensive preconception and prenatal genetic counseling services for women and their families. Our genetic counselors can help mothers navigate the complexities of high-risk pregnancies by working with Maternal-Fetal Medicine physicians, primary obstetricians and pediatric specialists after delivery.
Know Your Health
Our board-certified genetic counselors can provide counseling for women who may have the likeliness of having a complex pregnancy.
We have state-of-the-art technology and laboratory test for the following:
- Maternal age-related risks for chromosome abnormalities
- Overview of prenatal screening options and coordination of screening/diagnostic testing
- Test result interpretation for abnormal maternal serum screening, noninvasive prenatal screening or fetal diagnostic testing (CVS, amniocentesis)
- History of personal or familial concerns such as birth defects, intellectual disability or genetic syndromes
- Ethnic-based risk assessment and coordination of carrier screening (cystic fibrosis, thalassemias)
- Recurrent pregnancy loss or concern for a teratogenic exposure (e.g. alcohol, certain medications)
- Soft markers or structural anomalies detected by ultrasound!